Cooler Thermostat

6.0superduty

Does anybody offer a lower temp thermostat for the 6.0? The factory temp is 192*F. I'm lookin for a 170* or somethin...

Since no one has any better replies. If it was me I would pop it out and run to an auto store and ask for a 170* fail safe thermostat. Coolant does not know diesel from gas. But thats just me. The other option is to have them cross dimensions over from factory to what you want. Just my $.02 since no one else has replied.

ls1 guys used to shim the thermostat to adjust temp, might work on ours...

6.0 thermostats come assembled in a housing. You cannot use a generic one in those engines. The question is why do you want to lower the temps. It will just hurt mileage and power.

7c7b6f4a24f1a18850eccbc1db07d3cd.jpg

6.0 thermostats come assembled in a housing. You cannot use a generic one in those engines. The question is why do you want to lower the temps. It will just hurt mileage and power.

i personally like the coolant to run cooler in my vehicles. i run colder thermostats in both of my cummins, and i have not lost any power or mileage, and on top of that i feel better during summertime temps running at these cooler temps up and down the hills around here... but like i said, thats just my personal preference..

I was told that diesel motors need to run hotter than gas motors to allow for better fuel burn.

That thermostat will come out. Go down to the dealer and ask for one. Push down on the crossbar and rotate. And it is servicable.