cooling system builds pressure

bombanana

I have an 07 King Ranch that the cooling system continually builds pressure ang popping off the cap. I have already replaced the egr cooler. my coolant temp does get high, about 30 degrees higher than my oil temp. I have it back apart now and my oil cooler is clean and clear. Does anyone have any ideas on what else could be causing this? One more thing... it doesnt run hot until it blows all of the coolant out.

if it builds pressure to blow out the degas bottle then that only leaves the head gaskets!

your engine oil and coolant temp shouldn't be more than 15deg difference, you sure your oil cooler was clear? Mine was puking out the cap recently with a temp diff of 50deg I replaced the cooler and cured the puking, so why take it all the way out and not replace it especially with those temp differences?

Thanks ya'll. I do plan to replace the oil cooler while I have it back apart. I already have the new cooler. I'm also putting another egr cooler, ford is going to warranty the old one for me. I just dreaded the thought of getting it back together just to have to pull it back apart for the heads or whatever.

its good that your replacin the oil cooler but if you said that the coolant is 30 degrees higher than the oil, then your oil cooler is doin a good job. sounds like you still might have a cooling problem. its a possibilty that your egr cooler might be faulty but i still am thinkin your head gaskets are shot.

my trucks in the shop now for blown coolant spitn rust now and all there doing so far is the new cap and thermostat..told me i needed to do a coolant flush..$300.lol!!!

my trucks in the shop now for blown coolant spitn rust now and all there doing so far is the new cap and thermostat..told me i needed to do a coolant flush..$300.lol!!!

If you have rust in there I'd do a coolant flush... how did it get rusty? Did you use non-distilled water?

The service bulletin tells the dealerships to just do the cap first, then if problems persist, the EGR cooler, then if problems persist yet, the headgaskets.

Just an update. #'s 3 & 5 are blown. And as far as the rusty cooling system I'd have that flushed for sure before it becomes a couple of grand instead of just 300... jmo..

at about 50k they replaced the heads,gaskets,egr cooler.etc...80k now dont really see it being a cap fixing the prob..

at about 50k they replaced the heads,gaskets,egr cooler.etc...80k now dont really see it being a cap fixing the prob..

No you're right it probably wont, but they have to follow the TSB, and it saves them money doing the cheap stuff first.

I had one head replaced and gaskets done at around 45k miles. At about 46k miles I was puking coolant just as bad as before... still puking coolant daily now at 53k miles. My entire coolant system passed all pressure tests, but if the gaskets are blown its OVER-pressurizing the coolant system and thus why I'm puking.

same dealer that recently did my trans. around 75k and again a few miles later....i would think theyd skip the bs rout!! its been in the shop since 10-24 thats alot of testing for same 6.0 issues!

i think alot of time when the heads get hot the first time it warps the heads and they just wont seal right its not just the gaskets. I know of 2 trucks that have for sure done this. Ford wanted to replace everything but the heads

i think alot of time when the heads get hot the first time it warps the heads and they just wont seal right its not just the gaskets. I know of 2 trucks that have for sure done this. Ford wanted to replace everything but the heads

Yeah I had one head replaced when mine was done. The other head supposedly passed ford's spec for flatness, though I've heard their spec isn't even very good.

I had the same problem with mine and after 3 sets of gaskets, studs, oil coolers and a egr delete it was found to be a crack in one of the cylinders! wish we could have figured that out the first go round! if your dealer cant fix the problem you need to find another dealership! the local shops to me cant or wont bother to fix **** right the first time! so i drove 4 hours across the state to get somebody who knows their stuff and actually cares! problem solved 50k miles and thousands of dollars later....

Back