Core 47re Automatic $350

ky4wheeler

For sale is a 47re out a 1998 12 valve. Have cooler, lines, heat exchanger, trans and converter. call me at 502 381 0751....$350 obo...located in Louisville, KY

For sale is a 47re out a 1998 12 valve. Have cooler, lines, heat exchanger, trans and converter. call me at 502 381 0751....$350 obo...located in Louisville, KY

Hope it is better than the one in this thread 2001 47re 4wd core complete - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

that I was told was in good shape, just slipped, and needed rebuilt. You dropped it at one of my friends place, valvebody was junk from having water sit in it, pan looked like it had bean beat on with a hammer. Valvebody wasn't reusable.

I probably wouldn't have posted in this thread, except when I sent you a PM asking about why the trans was in the condition different than you described, you never even responded to my PM.

Do you have the complete truck that the trans came out of?

u didnt send me the message for a couple months after the trans had been dropped off. It was sold as a core, i told u i took the valve body out to steal the wiring for my truck as it was different. I didnt do anything to the pan, it was fine when i dropped it off. It rained the whole way up there with the trans in the back of my truck with the valve body in a box next to it.

u didnt send me the message for a couple months after the trans had been dropped off. It was sold as a core, i told u i took the valve body out to steal the wiring for my truck as it was different. I didnt do anything to the pan, it was fine when i dropped it off. It rained the whole way up there with the trans in the back of my truck with the valve body in a box next to it.

Correct it was a few months, but your able to reply 1.5 years later when your ready to sell something again?

transmisioin has upgraded vavle body and new wiring harness. converter is blue dont know what it is. needs rebuilt slips bad in first second unit it locks up in 3rd, no overdrive. complete transmission. was told it had billet input havent checked still in truck. 600 obo. can bring to sdx if you want it fast

The forward clutches were toast in the thing, so I am suspect of it working when it would lock up in third, when I say toast, there was zero clutch material on it, hence why the story of it locking up in third had me puzzled.

So because it was raining the whole way up, you couldn't put it in a plastic bag? If I recall the VB was was in the trans with a few pan bolts just holding in on. As I said before the VB was trashed on the thing, was unable to be reused.

I wouldn't have said a word in this thread if you would have at least had the consideration to return the PM explaining the situation.

Free bump for you.

For the price if everything is there and is rebuild able this is a good buy.

Last edited: