Correct clutch or not???????

Mocummins

Pulled my truck today, and smoked the clutch. Tried pulling in 4th in 4low, took off with 10psi and about 2800rpms. The clutch never grabbed its a single 13'' valair ceramic clutch.What did I do wrong? Is my clutch to small? I'm new to pulling looking for advice and witch direction to go.

I would consider a sintered iron double or triple. You will drivability but its the only way to get a clutch to last. I would leave the line with everything you have close to 4k.

What gear ratio? 4th gear is direct, AKA the strongest. As 97rada said, get the turbo spooled and try to push the pedal through the firewall!

3rd gear is perfect gear for ultimate carnage. 2nd hi or 4 low is all you have. 2nd hi is lower than 4 low.

You will never pull 4 low with 4.10 try 2 high after u get good clutch

I ran 410s 4lo 4th gear with 33s just fine with a stock appearing turbo and vp. All depends how dedicated you are to pulling or street driving.

Also depends where your from. I ran 4th low on loose tracks with 4.10s and 2nd hi on tight tracks. To the OP, you definatly need way more clutch, and WAY more RPM's. Put some 5k's in that pump and leave over 4. You have valve springs already. Tight tracks will pull your RPM's down pretty good anyways.

You will never pull 4 low with 4.10 try 2 high after u get good clutch

I ran 4.10 in direct with 33"duals and 35" up front, billet T6 475 charger without many issues. It would snuff on really tight tracks but without running W/A intercoolers I don't think I had a chance of keeping it lit. Change gears and get out of that low rpm torque or get good at changing R&P.

Running 35''s should i step down to 33'' and find some 3.54 or 3.73's? Looking at a EEP dual disc and GSK's. First season puling thanks for the advice.

That would be a mistake to go higher. But going to the 33s should help. Leave the line at higher rpms and you should be alrite for 2nd high for sure and possibly 4th low. I have seen a few trannys hurt from not pulling in direct gear though

Or keep the 35s and go 488 gears if you don't want to street it anymore.