Correct injector size for Twins?

silver03

I'm building my 1st set of twins and can't decide on what size injector to run.
I was thinking 5X18's or 5X20's

Here are the specs on the motor
12V with Standard Bore
New 1st gen mahle pistons
CR ratio 17:1 ish to 18:1 ish...
New 1st gen Mahle pistons
Hamition 181 cam
180 P-pump with 4k gov springs, full cut DV, AFC full travel
24 deg. of timming
Ported head
ATS 3-pcs exhaust manifold
CNC valve Job 45* intake seats
Turbos are ED billet 66/74/14 over a an s480/1.32.

I think a 66 is a bad choice. Something a little smaller would work much better if you want it "streetable"

from phone

watching

Also interested in twin opinions from smokem.... the internet says these are the turbos to have.....

Not what you want for a secondary if streetable is your goal, have you already purchased these turbos, your primary?

Last edited:
People as consumers need to realize why certain products are common. A mass consumed product is only desireable if it is available, and easy to make a profit on, this goes for many things.

Now, the big question; Are these common parts right for you? Well that depends, are you willing to go the extra distance to have a setup that has the appropriate parts as a whole, or would you rather just order from a drop-down box? There is no one correct size of compound turbochargers for xxx amount of hp, no matter what the Google machine tells you.

Last edited:
I guess when I say streetable I don't mean every day daily driver. I'm never going to tow with this set-up. Mostly just dyno and pull at brush pulls. I my last truck I ran a Hart HX-60, 13mm CDS ag, with a hand throtle. now that was boarder line streetable. :hehe:

There are a lot better turbos out there than what you have listed.

There are a lot better turbos out there than what you have listed.

if theres alot better turbo setups out there . please help us out and tell us .. with all the box stock turbos that are out there.... thats what we see 90 percent of the time

if theres alot better turbo setups out there . please help us out and tell us .. with all the box stock turbos that are out there.... thats what we see 90 percent of the time

You would like me to "tell us" what exactly? I see so often people only aware of the 74/83mm and 88/96mm S400 turbines, that is the entire range from the smallest to the largest, what about the other 4 options that fall in between?

You would like me to "tell us" what exactly? I see so often people only aware of the 74/83mm and 88/96mm S400 turbines, that is the entire range from the smallest to the largest, what about the other 4 options that fall in between?

There are not four others, only the two.

LOL

ok, than what size turbos would you go with ..on "silver03" motor, and fueling mods

I'm building my 1st set of twins and can't decide on what size injector to run.
I was thinking 5X18's or 5X20's

Here are the specs on the motor
12V with Standard Bore
New 1st gen mahle pistons
CR ratio 17:1 ish to 18:1 ish...
New 1st gen Mahle pistons
Hamition 181 cam
180 P-pump with 4k gov springs, full cut DV, AFC full travel
24 deg. of timming
Ported head
ATS 3-pcs exhaust manifold
CNC valve Job 45* intake seats
Turbos are ED billet 66/74/14 over a an s480/1.32.

Are the 1st gen Mahle pistons New?? :)

I didn't buy these turbo's with the intension of building a twin set up originally. The S480 was the turbo off my Pulling truck i ran as a single and was going to run the ED 66 as a single this truck but now I've desided to go this route. I'm willing to change the set-up if someone has a better option!

Last edited: