Couple of 6.7 questions.

RonA

Is there an inherent weakness in the motor(bad rods, block issues, valve issues) or is it mostly electronic and emissions stuff?
Do they tow better than a 5.9?(better power on the bottom end)
Thanks.
RonA

rods are still lil weak i heard get rid of dpf and egr and get a smarty (me) and u will love that factory jake brake other than that also a clutch upgrade as well

What's up with all the CR questions, Ron? It would appear you're on another quest for power?

Is there an inherent weakness in the motor(bad rods, block issues, valve issues) or is it mostly electronic and emissions stuff?
Do they tow better than a 5.9?(better power on the bottom end)
Thanks.
RonA

No weaknesses, just crappy emissions. I would say not too much different from a 5.9 stock to stock but put a smarty on it with the emissions off and it really shines. Smarty programming makes a lot more torque than any of the other programmers even if the horsepower is similar. Basically a big 5.9.

Edit, two big weaknesses about the pickup, not necessarily the engine. Auto tranny is crap and the turbo is crap. Basically an emissions turbo. Right on holset's website it says the turbo is rated for 310 hp but the 6.7 already has 350 stock.. Undersize turbo is what was contributing to most of the blown head gaskets I believe. Sounds like suncoast has a tranny now to hold 750hp.

I am going to run this programmer on my truck.

Attachments

• tuner.jpg
    tuner.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 7
LOL That's kinda funny. If you haven't already, spend some time driving a CR. I believe that's what the race truck gets next season.

Good, maybe if you're chucking rods out the block my turbo's will be safe!!

Chris

Are there any medium performace 6.7's out there(800-900hp), or are all the high hp common rails I hear about 5.9's?

Mostly 5.9s. I have hung a 66/71/14. On this 09 and runs great but have not dynoed it yet