cp3 fca

cummins2132

OK does anyone know size of fca thread length diameter and where can I get a replacement

We use punctuation on this forum, and it makes it a lot easier to read.

Are you asking the thread/length of the small bolts that hold on the FCA?

my bad I was using a phone and my fingers were having trouble with a little keypad. Yes I am talking about the little torx bolt that hold the fca should be 3. Thanks okie

I'm on my phone and I can punctuate just fine, though it's a bit harder to do.

Mark.

True but fat fingers I guess I try to stay on top of it, just get carried away sometimes. On a side note that torx bolt is a t25 correct with that thread/length.

FWIW, I have a few of those bolts, if you really need them.
PM your address and I'll send them to you in the mail Monday.

Mark.

How about suggestions to remove the "bottom"/hardest to reach bolt with pump on the engine, when the torx is totally stripped..

will do just let me check a few places here in the morning, If I run empty I'll pm you tommorow. Best way I can tell you is to remove the pump, see if you can kinda grind a slit where you can get a flat head In there.

How about suggestions to remove the "bottom"/hardest to reach bolt with pump on the engine, when the torx is totally stripped..

SOMETIMES you can use an allen head socket that fits snug in the stripped-out torx head.
Just use one that closely fits it and tap it in firmly with a hammer.
If that fails and it rounds off, chances are the next size up will be the next larger torx bit.

If all else fails, pull the pump, it's not that hard.

Mark.

I tell everyone just to use 2 bolts on the FCA after replacement, or just finger tight the 3 O clock bolt. You only need 2 bolts to hold the FCA in place, The bolts are steel and the manifold is Aluminum, So corrosion will occur, I use grease on all FCA bolts to slow down the corrosion process.