CP3 shootout

Hamilton Cams

ignorant
When I bought my 05 it had an II 85% cp3. It kept up really well with the 65% EH injectors and the smarty. After going to the TNT-R and a TST the pressure was starting to fall off a bit. In the next week or so when I finish my chargers I will be putting some 100% Extrude Hone injectors in and Dynoing it with with this single pump, then I will send it up to wicked/Motorsport Diesel to get one of Shane's and see what the difference is. If his pumps do what he says, there should be a major difference. Stay tuned

Zach

I think you just blew the test, by saying your sending the pump to shane. Nothing against shane, but if he knows it will be dynoed and tested. I am sure he will make sure it is the best he can send out.

The pump that is on mine was a brand new pump. The previous owner of my truck sent in to be turned into a 85% pump. I assume that the pump from them would have been perfect snce it was new to begin with.

I know on Cp3 pumps there is always a +/- factor in terms of flow regardless who the manufacturer is. II had their chance to build a good pump, and now it is Shanes turn.

Do you have any reason to believe that he sends out different quality pumps that have very differing flow rates?

I have no ties with Shane, just want to see if his pumps are what they are cracked up to be. I have reached the limits with the Industrial pump and I want to see if another company can do better without going to twins. I want to see how far I can push a single.

Zach

Isn't II's 85% over old news.......why wouldn't you be comparing their big pump against big pump?

I don't pull for any company but have been running II's 85% over on the bottom for two seasons and has been flawless.

I have heard good things about Johns pumps.

Really I was just going to try something different on my truck and share the numbers.

I agree if it is to be 100% fair and impartial, a pump would have to bought from each vendor with no mention of the dyno.

Zach

I have one of john's 3.5's holds rail pressure like a champ.

So when is someone going to buy a Floor-it, Wicked, and a II cp3 and do some testing. All same "size" and do back to back dyno runs on them?

why dont you go ahead and get a 120% II pump and test it also since the 85 is old news?

I agree the 85% is old new's why dont you try a 120% Im sure you could get brady to cut you a deal on upgrading to the 120%. In to send the 85% to Shane that not right with all the crap thats went on about each other pump

Yeah Shane's is going to have to be a comparable pump to the II 85%, not sure witch one of Shane's that is but it would have to be the Stage 3 right?

shane just posted a little info on a dmax forum about some pumps he's been testing. the big bores he is trying have been blowing out the seals after a little while, so he is still trying new things in order to make them work. things are looking decent for a 335lpm pump soon though, not sure what a II "120%" pump puts out in comparison.

Zach im sure you just ment for this thread to be an informative comparison between two pumps but is there a reason you just don't do two pumps and be done with it.
I'm not knocking anyone for doing a "what runs better" thread but unless your in a competition class or funds don't permit the dual fuelers why not? I ran a stg3 for a while and knew i was going bigger eventually and wish i had the coin for duals. Now i have the coin and will never look back. (even though i havn't been able to test em out yet)
Don't hate me guys just a honest Q

I have one of john's 3.5's holds rail pressure like a champ.

So when is someone going to buy a Floor-it, Wicked, and a II cp3 and do some testing. All same "size" and do back to back dyno runs on them?

I tried that 2 years ago. Everyone said they'd put up a pump for bench testing but when it came down to it...nobody did.

I decided to go with a Floor It pump. Talked to John and sent him a low mile used pupm to build for me. He acknowledged getting it and I haven't heard back from him since. That was in April of 2009.

I think I'll just go dual stock pumps....looks like I'm never getting that one back anyway.

He acknowledged getting it and I haven't heard back from him since. That was in April of 2009.

Thats kinda the norm i think, however he has taken good care of me i will say the turn around time is definatly not good.

I always heard he took a long time so I never pushed it. Wasn't in a hurry anyway especially considering the very nice price he quoted me. I decided through my reading that he was the best for what I was looking for.
After 14 months though I'm thinking it's a loss. I don't have the PM's or shipping info anymore to prove anything anyway....it is what it is.

I decided to go with a Floor It pump. Talked to John and sent him a low mile used pupm to build for me. He acknowledged getting it and I haven't heard back from him since. That was in April of 2009.

Wow. From what Ive seen his pumps do perform well, but from what I have read/heard his customer service is really lacking.