CP3 upgrade kit.

stretch2010

Is any one running Arson III kit in there truck or any of these kits. looking to see the feed back. my truck stock and looking to do little things to it. also what can i do so my truck don't run so hot when im passing a vehicle. i got the egt up to 1358 passing some one. thanks.

Last edited:
i would say bigger stacks forsure... :hehe: jk man.
thats not really that hot but if u wanna get more power and keep heat under control at this stage leave ur cp3 alone, get rid of your k&n crap first those just seem to never end well for anyone. get anything but a k&n. just my $.02 but get an airdog or fass to keep your cp3 smiling, then get some DDP90 tips and a superb special you will be a very happy guy. that will open up a world of new power and then you can start playing with tuning and your cp3 if you want more power.. with that set up you would have a hard time getting your truck to hot or blowing anything up..

Is any one running Arson III kit in there truck or any of these kits. looking to see the feed back. my truck stock and looking to do little things to it. also what can i do so my truck don't run so hot when im passing a vehicle. i got the egt up to 1358 passing some one. thanks.

I wouldn't worry very much about 1350 while passing. With stock injectors an Arson kit is really a waste of money. Before I suggest what to buy I need to know what your goals for the truck are.

Oh and btw I've seen my truck climb to around 1200 on cruise control, unloaded, on the highway. She'll move the gauge up to 1600+ pretty fast if I let her.

Don't forget a Smarty!

yes true that sir. not to be a dick but if you wanna make power your edge cs not the key. sell it and buy a smarty, then get a real set of gauges. the smarty can do oh sooooo much more...

I wouldn't worry very much about 1350 while passing. With stock injectors an Arson kit is really a waste of money. Before I suggest what to buy I need to know what your goals for the truck are.

Oh and btw I've seen my truck climb to around 1200 on cruise control, unloaded, on the highway. She'll move the gauge up to 1600+ pretty fast if I let her.

yeah i just kinda started talking without asking what you would like to see our of your 05 cr i just assumed if you were wanting to mess with your cp3 you prolly were lookin for some more power..

save your money for now, then when you get a bigger plan down the road use it on a dual cp3 kit like an evil twin setup. nothing in the world can flow like two pumps and not break a sweat.

pretty much an every day truck. just wanting more power. can i stack the smarty with the edge? or just get some gauges for it. had them in it the first go around but just wanted a cleaner look inside. thanks any thing else help me out.

stacking boxes with stock components is just a recipe for heat. Lots of smarty's showing up in the classifieds, it should be able to suit your needs for a long time. Sell the edge. IMHO