CR and VP smarty troubles.

ComnRailPwr

first problem is with an 03 auto CR. it wont connect to truck. just keeps saying turn key on, turn key off. checked all grounds, bought new batteries, bought new alternator, cleaned obdII port with cleaner. it will connect to other trucks. it is stuck on level 3 on this particular truck. no codes present.

second problem is with 01 VP truck that has had a manual installed in place of the original auto. truck has the original auto ecm which was sent off to be flashed by EEP. it ran fine for 3 years after that with an edge, no problems. load loaner smarty and truck runs good. remove smarty to return to owner and truck doesn't rev past 2k rpm. I'm thinking when the smarty returned the ecm to stock then it loaded stock automatic software to the ecm and it is looking for the tail shaft input to shift so its defueling. runs fine to K. Rev's in neutral to K and thats it. just acts as its hitting the rev limiter. with that said i think i need a manual federal recovery file to flash this ecm with. truck is a 01 HP with a now 5 spd. ecm is an auto ecm. thanks for help fellas.

There is a ground or wiring issue on the 03. the key dance means no answer from ecm.

Arley sent me an email. I will get him taken care of.

ahh i figured it was the dreaded ground issue. i checked high and low, only thing i noticed is there is slight green coloring in the obd plug. gues i'll keep at it.. i just left arley's shop and thats all i figured it could be. thanks for the prompt support bob

Back