CR cam in a p-pumped 24 (would it work right)

HT3500

IDK ANYTHING
I just pulled a cam out of a truck I've been trying to get to run right for awile. well it has a cr cam in it(i think after compareing it to others patr#'s and such) my question is would it make this truck just not run right? It did not seem to make the power it should, high egt's and smoke. the truck 01 24v wicked twins 181's 913 pump and jammer 3's. Oh I did not build this truck just trying to get runnin better. The other question everyone usually goes with a stock 24v cam right well would a 12v cam work better or obviously an aftermarket but say we just stick with stock which is better??? thanks for any input...

Say no to a 12v cam, they are alot smaller in the lift department.

And from what I remember a CR cam is smaller than a VP cam. Search for CR cam specs on here.

i would not look at the cam i would start off by getting some real injectors and have pop-off changed $.02

I'm with ya on the injectors, but I believe this cam is not helping anything. I think being designed for emmissions it would cause issues in a p-pumped truck, like higher egt and low power... has anyone else experienced this???

what # is on the cam you pulled? Are you certain it is a CR cam?

where do I look? I put a couple 24v cams and few cr cams and the cr cams for the most part have the most numbers on them so this is how I'm guessing it's a cr cam(I marked all these cams when i pulled them out of the engines). Does anyone know exactly how to tell???

sorry roachie but you are wrong! go back to sanding body filler and getting me those frame specs damn it!!:poke:

the CR cam has the most lift but it is very small difference. the durations are different which could be a slight issue since the intake duration is longer and the exhaust duration is shorter with more lift.
Cummins 5.9L Custom Cam Shafts - Improve your Diesel Performance with Colt Cams

I don't think the lsa in the CR cams is as desireable as the vp cams.

You've Bern waiting 6 months for
me to slip up haven't you? LOL

See if the cam has a 3942567 on it. That would be a 24V VP cam.

I bet that is whatcha got.

The number 3947007 is a CR cam. Usually on the nose of the cam is the number for that one.

Last edited: