CR has been sitting for 6 years

black95cobra

I bought an 07' 5.9L, the donor truck was totalled in in late 2007 and the engine was pulled/stored indoors since 2007. ? Is there anything that I should be aware of or accomplish prior to starting a diesel that hasn't been running for 6 years? The head was pulled when I had D&L machine it for fire rings. Everything seems to be in order, not sure if the diesel will gum anything up, like gas does.

If the head is still off you can squirt a little transmission fluid on the walls of the cylinders to help with the start up. Make sure you drain the oil and would be wise to add the oil to the entire head front to back with the valve cover off to make sure to coat the entire cam and all the rockers.

My next door neighbor had an 06 sitting out back of his shop for almost 4 yrs. The owners son got sent upstate for drugs and the truck just sat untouched all that time. He wanted me to try and sell it for him so he started cleaning it up and getting it ready. After fresh batteries that thing fired up like it was shut down just yesterday.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Back