CR hazes at idle...

JaMan

Local Hero
How many people have a Cr that hazes at idle and if so how b ig are the injectors? We put DDP 150hp in a truck and it hazes at idle but kind of clears up when easing around in lower gears. The truck has dual pumps and a HTT 66, even though it is a single turbo it should move enough air at idle to keep from hazing right?

Thanks Jared

Mine hazes a little at idol. Cleans up really well though. DDP 200's.

I had ddp 200's and they hazed @ idle and now have flux 4.6 and they haze also, just a little less.

I have injectors that are in the 225-250 range and they haze very lightly at idle with a single S400 charger.

Ok thanks, I was just concerned because we put a set of II 5x10's in an 06' and they don't haze at all but it has big set Industrial Race twins and I know they move some air, I just didn't know if they actually moved more at idle to clear up the haze.

DDP's usually run dirtier on the CR motor's. I went from DDP 150's to Flux 3's. That stopped the haze for me and lowered EGT's.

mine hazes when it's cold but onces it get's up to n.o.t the haze clears up and thats with flux 5.1's

my 150's haze at idle and almost never seems to clear up but nothing worse than a mild haze when not punching it, SB66

The F5.Xs in our drag truck don't haze at idle.

Ditto Don makes a damn fine injector, mine don't haze a bit.

Ok thanks, I was just concerned because we put a set of II 5x10's in an 06' and they don't haze at all but it has big set Industrial Race twins and I know they move some air, I just didn't know if they actually moved more at idle to clear up the haze.

The turbo's are out of the picture at idle, DDP's just do seem to haze more, even the smaller nozzles.

When you guys say doesn't haze at idle are you meaning none at all,even the first few seconds after cranking?My truck has hazed with stock sticks,flux 1's and now flux 2's.It only does it for the first 20 seconds or so after cranking from sitting overnight.Some mornings worse than others.It is a little worse with the 2's but nothing I would consider a problem at this point( I hope!)

My truck will haze slightly for a few seconds on startup, and then nothing.. and I am running bigger than 200 DDP's. My other set of DDP's I had in before didnt haze at all

What Torque managment level are you running? and Software level?

sounds crazy, but TNT/R#7 TM-mild LOTS OF smoke almost.

TNT/R #9 TM-STOCK. only can see a tiny bit at night in headlights. almost non-existent on light throttle.

This is with a manual trans of course.

4.3's haze on a cold start up and is clear after a 1min or so. Also depends on compression as well.

Should be stock compression, and it hazes all the time, the DDP 90's didn't haze at all. He is running a PPE Hot so there isn't adjustable TM. There is a little valve clatter so I will run the valves this weekend and see if it helps.

Jared