CR problem!!!

cummins32

04.5 cr, truck has done this twice now, both times around 60-70mph....it jerks a few times then pops or backfires and blue smokes and then the check engine light comes on. i put the diagnostic on it and it said something about the injectors, something about voltage, and curcuit/open. truck cranks normal and seems to run fine other than these two times. any ideas?

i'll try that. if the injectors were bad, it wouldn't want to crank.....correct? the trouble codes were p2146 & p2149.

Change fuel filter immedaitly!! My truck did the same thing sounded a shotgun blast. Changed fuel filter and no problems. You could also be running your cp3 dry. My buddies truck cuts in and out because of the lift pump not supplying enough fuel. What level are you running the edge on. Don't think it is injectors as I never heard of them doing that. Might be time for an upgraded lift pump but I would change your filter first.

the Juice is notorious for throwing injector codes. Remove the Juice and see if it happens.

973604x4 said:
the Juice is notorious for throwing injector codes. Remove the Juice and see if it happens.

This is true! I have the same thing happen that you are describing on my 04.5. I sent my Juice back to Edge and they replaced it no problem.

Honestly, I think it is just a hiccup in the programming. Like if you are in cruise and hovering around 10psi boost, the Edge will surge and drop based on low boost programming.

Kman9090 said:
Change fuel filter immedaitly!! Don't think it is injectors as I never heard of them doing that.

Mine did this right before the #1 injector failed...but I didn't get any codes.

steved