Crank No Start - When Hot??

jmanf250

Gasser Smasher
I need help please...

So - after I drive it for about 10-20 miles plus and turn it off it will not restart until it cools or sits for a few hours. Then it will start pretty easily. If I drive it only around town and it gets only kind of warm it seems to hard start but start if you crank it a long time. Doesn't matter if it is in Stock or Strategy Tune. I just changed the fuel filter and water separator filter too - yesterday - after the problem started. Anyone anyone.... Bueller - Anyone?

thanks
:bang

STC fitting, this is very common. Bring it in to the dealer, they have a fix out for this.

Its called the Snap To Connect fitting, its a long solid line hanging off the back of the block that over time will crack because of the vibrations of the motor. It will start when its cool because the oil is more viscous and will fire the injectors, once warm, the oil thins out and will not build pressure to start.

your the coolest guy i know right now "mdub707" i swear it! any idea the cost if it is not under warranty?

would that STC being broken explain some oil under the truck... spayed about at the back of the motor...???? not a lot.. but a little?

would that STC being broken explain some oil under the truck... spayed about at the back of the motor...???? not a lot.. but a little?

It may, I'm not sure as mine hasn't broken yet (still waiting for it). The 6.0's are pretty notorious for having oil leaking on the back of the block by the tranny. I dont think I've seen one yet without that "wet spot".

Sorry I'm not sure what it would cost to have it fixed.

no if the stc fitting blows apart it will not spray oil out, its enclosed in the engine, if you have oil on the ground its coming from somewhere else more than likely your bed plate is leaking. now about the not starting hot i will bet you money that you have dummy plug o rings are blown apart. the dummy plugs are in each oil rail that sit on top of the injectors. the plugs are towards the front of each rail. they have 2 o rings on each and after time the lower oring will blow apart and cause a no start after hot. now with saying that if that has happend more than likely that your stc fitting is probably on its way out also. this is kinda costly parts arent exspensive its more labor than anything. Trust me i know all this cause 6.0l are all i work at the ford dealer!