Crossed over to the Dark side

phale

Comp Diesel Sponsor
My family has always been ford people, but today we traded our 2000 f-250 auto powerstroke for a slightly used 2007 3500 4x4 5.9 cummins quad cab dually. The third tranny for the ford finally brought an end to that money pit. I still have the '99 and love it, but there is no comparison to the cummins. My question is, other than dropping a valve seat and possibly cracking an exhaust manifold, is there anything else to watch for with the cummins? The truck is stock and will remain so until out of warranty.

you will love it!!

i came from a 6.0 and i love the cummins.

chase n.

The truck is great from what I hear. I haven't gotton home yet to drive it, but my dad just can't stay out of it. We have been wanting a cummins for a while, but just couldn't justify the cost of trading until it began looking like the 250 was in need of its third tranny (first two were ford's, this was going to be ours). We decided rather than spend $5K for a suncoast that we should just upgrade, and we wanted a second dually sooooo. I really can't wait for it to go out of warrany so the fun stuff can begin.:rockwoot: