cruise control issues

smith6.6

I have a 99 and the cruise sucks, when you set it the speed will usually increase or when you go down a hill it will increase and not go back to the set speed. I did do the relearn that dodge has to reset it i've tried it a few times with no results any sugestions would be great.

If you have modded the truck just about any atall beyond a mild chip (Edge EZ, etc) it's one of the things you just have to deal with. I have tried the WD 40 straw in the vac tube, reteaching it, just about everything I can find to no avail.

My next idea involves a 12VDC linear actuator and a small Allen Bradley self contained PLC, just have to find a spare PLC at work.

I have a 99 and mine was doing the same thing. I figured it was the cruise control module located under the drivers side battery and fender so I went and got a new one at the dealership. I installed it and found the black air line had rubbed a hole in the line. I didn't even need the cruise control module. So check u air line. It's a small 1/4 or so black air line. More than likely it has a hole in it. Installed a new line and works perfect.