Cummins Billet rods

BigDamnCummins

OK, so another thread on billet rods, Hopefully this one stays on task. First off which design do you guys think is strong for a engine with high cylinder pressures, low RPMs, and tuns of torque? An "X", "I", or "H-beam"? I have been looking at the carrillo, this looks to be my pick. I see there are many companies out buying and resaling other peoples rods as their own. I dont want to spend a pile of money one this but i see a few things with a couple of these manufactures rods that I don't particularly like, such as the crower rods don't even have a oil hole for the wrist pin. Other things i hear are, there is a special way the install the wrist pin bushing, which a lot of the backyard machine shops are not doing, with a result of a burnt up pin bushing! Lets hear it.

carillo when available are a cast rod (according to the responce I recieved from them) and the cunningham are billet

I think kennys pulling parts are making them now. Don't know much about them just the last time I wa up there he showed me some said he was gonna start selling them for dodge and ford.

Woodruffs are good when Josh decides to answer the phone. Crowers are a good product as well. There about 2400 a set.

Woodruffs are good when Josh decides to answer the phone. Crowers are a good product as well. There about 2400 a set.

I agree, called Woodruffs half dozen times.
I have never received call back.

yep, they don't respond to phone calls or emails ,,,, i guess if you ant spending 20,000 dollars there not going to talk to ya ....

I agree, called Woodruffs half dozen times.
I have never received call back.

Good Luck been trying to get a hold of wood ruff since december, not one answer and not one call back, guess they don't want my money.

Sounds like Woodruff has top-of-the-line, unmatched customer service. :kick: Sucks for them cuz with everything they seem to sell they could make a killing if they were courteous of their customers......

Ever Think they just might be over worked at the moment. Probaly got about 5 Mod trucks in there right now being rebuilt or putting on triples.

People are some impatient.

Wow no kidding, when I bought my rods they were great, Cute sounding gal answered the phone, at that time they had a set in hand, gave a CC and address done deal.

Time for them to expand i guess! Maybe someday Il have something badass enough for some nice rods...until then I guess I will stick with the stock bottom end haha

They are not scheid and don't have that many employees. Places like scheid and CDS have multiple locations and employees. It will happen eventually. They get plenty of business as it is. You want the best you give them a call from Mods to 2.6