Cummins CR guy here

BarryP

Just joined, I have been lurking for a while. I drag raced my first time this weekend and had alot of fun, now I want to go faster. I ran 13.7@104 with a Smarty. I have a 2006 Dodge regular cab 2wd 2500 with 5.9 and 48RE. I am looking for tips on how to go faster for cheap.

BarryP said:
Just joined, I have been lurking for a while. I drag raced my first time this weekend and had alot of fun, now I want to go faster. I ran 13.7@104 with a Smarty. I have a 2006 Dodge regular cab 2wd 2500 with 5.9 and 48RE. I am looking for tips on how to go faster for cheap.

Welcome man!!

Well, i've not done a race yet but hoping to soon......I've got my weight and Just got Dyno numbers this weekend so in theory I should be around 13 secs..once I get Jeff to wire my Lockup switch, I'm hoping to see High 12's..

:welcome:

Thanks for the welcomes!

It sure looks like you have the power to dip into the 12s! If not it should be some easy low 13s. Let us know how it goes.

I had never raced before and thought it didnt seem that exciting, but now I am hooked! It is like cruising down a giant runway, much more fun than I thought it would be.

Last edited:
BarryP said:
Thanks for the welcome. It sure looks like you have the power to dip into the 12s! If not it should be some easy low 13s. Let us know how it goes.

I had never raced before and thought it didnt seem that exciting, but now I am hooked! It is like cruising down a giant runway, much more fun than I thought it would be.

Yeah, I can't freakin Wait!!!!

My problem is that I've been testing with some spooled 4x4 lauches....Launching at a little of 2000 RPM's with Torque Managment deleted, It Hauls A$$ of the line......I only have a Billet Input shaft.(along with my SunCoast 3 disk TC and Flex plate)....My Output shaft and poss the intermediate want live long with those type of launches.....That means getting towed home and breaking out the Credit Card again!!!!:evil

Last edited:
Big Swole said:
That means getting towed home and breaking out the Credit Card again!!!!:evil

I think until you're a sponsored pro or remember to bring your own trailer.... that's the name of the game :bang

I've been on that adventure a few times... what can I do but
:hehe:

Barry, if you have a older 06, stack a TST with that smarty and you'll be doing 12's easy. Make sure you have a built tranny !

Back