Cummins cutting out

Cope&Smoke

One of my friends has an 02 6 speed and its having a cutting out issue. He has an edge drag box on it and at first thought maybe it was the box surging the injector pump. We unhooked the box and it still surges. im leaning towards the tpc is going out becuase it doesnt buck or jump when you use the cruise. If you hammer hard through the gears it doesnt do it either. Also doesnt start to do it untill u go past 1500 rpm. Only does it when ur gradually in the throttle or if your just cruising. It isnt throwing a code though so im not sure. I havent had much time to help him with it so figured id post something and see if anyone has had an issue like this before we go trying anything else. Also it has a airdog 150 and it maintains stable fuel pressure so thats not the problem. Thanks

Last edited:
i got the exact same issue with my 98 auto. i got a quadzilla adrenaline though. it doesnt do it with my smarty though. only the quad. not figured it out yet though

check the map sensor replaced mine went fine until the pump went out.

mine did pretty much the same thing then it died on me after surging for three years haha it turned out to be the ecm on mine hope this helps

I have an 01 auto with a Quad Adrenaline, mine cuts out when I am on the drag strip at full throttle still have not figured out what is going on