Cummins flywheel housings/adaptor plate help needed.

Moulder

I am wanting to change the rear adaptor that bolts to the back to the Cummins block (flywheel housing/adaptor plate) on my 6.7 Cummins engine. I want to run one that has a sae #2 bolt pattern for a different manual transmission. The problem I am running into is it seems that amost all the newer common rail Cummins engines except the ones in Dodge trucks now use rear mounted cp3 pump and timing set. This means they have a rear mounted gear train and the adaptor plate does not mount up the same. I know the the common rail uses an o-ring to seal the cam tunnel that the 12 valve and 24 valve engines don't have. But what about the bolt pattern? I have the part number for the adaptor that would fit a 24 valve motor but would it bolt up to a common rail engine? Other than machining the plate to accept an o-ring would it work on my 6.7? Also is there any chance they changed the crank bolt patten so the flywheel wouldn't work? If anyone has any information or knows who i could call and ask about it I would greatly appreciate it. I've talked to the local Cummins dealer and Cummins Mid-south and they act like I am talking greek or just want to pass me on to someone else.

Bolt pattern doesn't change... what gearbox are you trying to mount?

Good luck. I am hunting one that will bolt onto an 01 cummins and I can't find them anywhere!!! I already have the fso6406 tranny, just need the rest of it!!! Let me know if you find somewhere that has one if you find one!!