Cummins guy going to look at a Duramax, need help

Probably be ready for injectors soon if they havn't already been replaced, probably have they usually don't make it that long... I would be curious why he had the commpression checked? I wouldn't think someone would go to the trouble if there wasn't something wrong

Find out if it has injector like said above. other than that an lb7 is the most simple of the d-maxs and can make some good power with only a few mods.

01s had head gasket issues.

GM changed the HG desing for 02

other than that basic LB7 stuff...(injectors) get the VIN and have a build report done this will tell you when the injector got replaced if at all..
whats the trim package on it?
6" lift for 33" tires?????
BTW this truck is out of the 7/200k injector warantee
its low milelage for a 01 most are well into the 200k range

i would offer 10-11k for it... unless the inside is as clean as the out side

these guys are right the early engines had problems with injector popet erosion and they had a tendency to over fuel and wash cylinders the replacement injectors took care of that problem if it had not already damaged cylinders or contaminated fuel system with errodeded metal looks like a good truck would have to see it for myself

these guys are right the early engines had problems with injector popet erosion and they had a tendency to over fuel and wash cylinders the replacement injectors took care of that problem if it had not already damaged cylinders or contaminated fuel system with errodeded metal looks like a good truck would have to see it for myself

the injector popet was never the propblem...(cups some times..) it was mainly the injector body that were..
they took a 48v solenoid and ran 96v through it.. the bodys would crack... sending fuel into the oil... and you would make oil.
there were a couple time where an injector got stuck open and melted a piston.. only heard of a handfull of engines that that happened to.. seen this happen to couple stock 5.9s as well

all in all the dmax is a pretty durable engine..

injectors on the LB7 is dmax "dowl pin problem on the 5.9" that they fixed in the LLY and newer trucks

Back