Cummins mpg ?'s

littlehandegan

Looking at a 03-05 Cummins, automatic, 4 dr short bed

What kind of mpg's am I gonna be looking at?? ( I plan to add 315 all terrains)
Also what mods will help mpg and give a little extra power?
What are yall getting with mods etc?

thanks!

My brothers 03 is hard pressed to get better then 14mpg daily driving, up to 17 on Highway. I would say average would be to expect 15+mpg daily driving and 18+ on Highway.

Lavon

My 04 QC dually 4x4 auto 4:10's sucks best i've gotten is 12.7 hand calculated, driving convservativley. Truck is Bone Stock with 265/75/17's

I fill my tank to the neck every time, and generally get to 550-600 miles before its totally out. Around 30.5 to 31 gallons. Granted that is driving on the highway and not speeding.

Towing my 12k toy hauler I run out at 375-400. My speedo is dead on as well (according to my gps anyways)

my '05 gets about 525 miles per tank full (about 32 gals avg.)(Mixed conditions city driving and country cruising.) Driving conservatively with 3.73's and 265/70R17's. I'm happy with that.:rockwoot::rockwoot:

My 05 with 35's got 25 last night I got strait pipe cold air and was running a mp8 and bully dog with pedifile larry ran 80 mph 2 and half hour drive with bout 10 lil towns you had to slow down to 25 thru them

my QC LB 1ton with 3.73s 6spd i average about 16-18 around town.. that is with a cat delete. I put my muffler back on for the time being so... and that is running 65-70 down the highway for a couple mins every now and then and then just running around town.. getting on it a couple times... if i get on the highway and set the cruise at 60 completely empty, i have seen 21 ONCE.... this is all hand calculated... cause with the PPE, my overhead reads 25-30mpg so i dont even pay attention to it anymroe..

my truck with fass stage 1 cp3 and smarty revo i got 26 twice not on the over head on paper, that was mix of highway and town, now that i got injectors and turbo upgrade i get around 21 if driving right with my foot in it it goes to round 14, but i average 550 miles to a tank of fuel.

a buddy of mine was gettin 14 with his drove it maybe a total of 20 miles a week put a 4inch downpipe and five inch all the way back. took it to kentucky and says he got about 20 the whole way down and back. rode in it last week and hand calculated it got about 19.5 mpg not too bad for a stock truck(no chip or anything just exhaust and intake)

19 tops at 80-85 mph on the highway in my conversion truck...hand calculated.

I have every + you can have for good mileage....lowered, hard bedcover, etc but mine also weighs about a thousand lbs heavier than a comparable Dodge truck at 7600lbs full of fuel.

17-19 with stock turbo- programmer, trans, intake, exhaust, 3" lift and 35's
mixed driving-- 70-75 hwy hand calc

14-17 with mods above plus 64/65, flux 3 injectors mixed hwy- 80mph hand calc-- have to be more careful with my foot.

Cruising 70 I get 20mpg. From slam full to fumes I have gotten a best of 630 miles from a tank. On average I get between 18.5 and 19 mpg with mixed driving. I hand calculate every tank.

My brothers 03 is hard pressed to get better then 14mpg daily driving, up to 17 on Highway. I would say average would be to expect 15+mpg daily driving and 18+ on Highway.

Lavon

x2

I get mid teens no matter what. I have 33s and run it stock the majority of the time.

Back