Cummins Owner, just bought 2003 Excursion Diesel... NEEDS CHIPPED BAD!!!

600 Megawatts

Many Irons in the Fire
OK, so I'm normally over on the Dodge forum, but I just bought a 2003 7.3L powerstroke Excursion to replace my old tried and true 6.5 diesel Suburban. Truck is gorgeous, very comfortable... but ITS A DOG!!!!! .... Also the tranmission, or more acurately, what the computer is telling the transmission to do, is driving me nuts. Its a diesel for crying out loud, it has torque, but I swear the trans tune is more for a gasser.... I could be in thrid gear, locked up, pulling a nice grade at perfect RPMs doing just fine, and the slightest more pedal at all, and it downshifts and puts the engine up in an RPM were its making LESS torque....:doh: Drives me crazy..

Anyway, so I am looking for a nice chip or box for it. I know JACK about these powerstrokes.... I dont want anything crazy, I will not do anything with the exhaust, because I have heard powerstrokes with loud pipes and it aint pretty....lol

I just want a good chip, box or whatever, to give me about 75 HP, 100 FT*lbs and most importantly keep the damm trans in the gear it belongs and locked up until the go pedal is very considerably depressed.....

So what is the consensus ??

TS-6 Position Chip, by far and wide the best chip for the 7.3L.

Who's Tubine rotor is that??

TS performance. It will bring it alive. Once you get it on there you wont dog the 7.3 much more. Its a great motor with the right tunes. Especially for a big daily driver like the excursion. I love them.

Btw. I love the sound of my cummins but that purr of a stroke is the sweetest song in the diesel world.

DP Tuner is the only way to go. You can even just have your pcm reflashed. I ran the TS before I got the DP and the chip made good power but the shift points drove me crazy.

Excellent. Thanks for the replies. I will investigate all the ones mentioned.

Spectre, thats one of the GE LP rotors (30 Lsb's) from the 630 MW (gross) Cheswick station. 938,000 HP and 1,368,500 Ft*Lbs of torque :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:
More pics and info on it in my photo gallery....

We have a used TS-6Position chip we can get you cheap.... Just took it out of a trade in last week

Excellent. Thanks for the replies. I will investigate all the ones mentioned.

Spectre, thats one of the GE LP rotors (30 Lsb's) from the 630 MW (gross) Cheswick station. 938,000 HP and 1,368,500 Ft*Lbs of torque :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:
More pics and info on it in my photo gallery....

Cheswick huh? I work(at least for the time being) over at Beaver Valley. Some girl I went to school with coops/interns with GE so I assume she is over at your place(she is a Mechanical Engineer, University of Pittsburgh).

Cheswick huh? I work(at least for the time being) over at Beaver Valley. Some girl I went to school with coops/interns with GE so I assume she is over at your place(she is a Mechanical Engineer, University of Pittsburgh).

BVPS eh... nice... your turbines are 1.4 million HP.... but they are only turning a slow 1,800 RPM:poke::poke: lol just messin wit ya...

No GE chickie has even been here.... SEND HER !!! :cheer: lol

BVPS eh... nice... your turbines are 1.4 million HP.... but they are only turning a slow 1,800 RPM:poke::poke: lol just messin wit ya...

No GE chickie has even been here.... SEND HER !!! :cheer: lol

Well you would know, casue she was fairly attractive. Also you wouldn't have had anything to do with Unit II's HP rotor wiping out bearings and costing me my outage incentive pay...would you:bang??

Well you would know, casue she was fairly attractive. Also you wouldn't have had anything to do with Unit II's HP rotor wiping out bearings and costing me my outage incentive pay...would you:bang??

That sux... I didnt hear about that.. we usually hear about any trouble at the valley when it happens, since they usually want us at Cheswick balls to the wall Full load 24/7 when that happens....

When did you wipe the bearings ?? How'd it happen, bad rub ?? Oil problems ?? You still down ??

I'm not exactly sure. I know Siemens was the group doing all of the work. The turbine was critical path because the HP rotor was getting replaced. I know that the new rotor was heavier then the previous one. Something about plugs in the bearing was left open (because the older one didn’t cause any issues). Since the new rotor was heavier it deflected the oil out the ports and there were getting massive vibrations.