Cummins P/T pump

D Twigg

Starting to understand
Just woundering if anyone knows how to turn the fuel up on a Cummins P/T pump and how hard/easy it is. The engine is a 350 Cummins Formula I from what I'm told. If you need the serial number or any more information let me know and I will do my greatest to get it.

They have these little round things that I call buttons inside the half moon cover on the side of the pump that depending on the thickness changes how much pressure the pump puts into the low pressure rail. You can also regear the pump internally to help it keep up if you put bigass injectors in it.

There's also a screw in the throttle shaft, underneath a little tamper proof ball. Back that screw out for more fuel.

My boss wont let me put a whole mess of power to it, it just needs a little more than its got, kinda makes me feel embaraced when I'm empty and get passed by a toyota prius like i was sitting still :doh::kick:.

Lorendiesel5.9 where would I go about getting these buttons at?

Smokin binder how much more fuel will backing that screw out get me? Do you happen to have any pictures as to where I need to look at to find the screw?

Thanks Twigg

My boss wont let me put a whole mess of power to it, it just needs a little more than its got, kinda makes me feel embaraced when I'm empty and get passed by a toyota prius like i was sitting still :doh::kick:.

Lorendiesel5.9 where would I go about getting these buttons at?

Smokin binder how much more fuel will backing that screw out get me? Do you happen to have any pictures as to where I need to look at to find the screw?

Thanks Twigg

I'm pretty sure you can get them thru Cummins. They used the PT fuel system on engines up to 2000 hp with no changes that I know of besides regearing the pump internally and these buttons so PM Snedge on here and if they're not a Cummins part I know you can get them from any local big rig performance shop or like PDI and Pittsburgh Power.

The easiest way to do it is through the throttle shaft.
If you want to drop the button, we keep those here also, but you need to know what you have in it first.

Thank ya'll very much for this info. I'm going to start off with the fuel screw and hopefully that should be all the truck needs. If not then I'll be giving Snedge here a PM or call on the buttons.

Again thank you guys for this info.

Twigg.

Back