Cummins Ramcharger headgasket

diesel_ram_man

My buddy has a 1983 ramcharger that he swapped an engine out of a 93 truck. He noticed that it had a leak around the water pump area or at least that's what he thought the problem was. Until we looked a little closer and realized that it was the head gasket on the front right part of the engine. So obviously it needs a head gasket, i think we are going to tear into it monday. So our questions are: how hard/long of a job is it to do it? wheres the cheapest place to get a head gasket kit? should we go ahead and get a .020 over gasket? I mean the truck is basically stock, just a little pump work nothing crazy. Not sure if that part is necessary. And lastly is we are being told we need new head bolts. Is that necessary? is there a certain spec they should be within? Thanks for the help in advice guysMy buddy has a 1983 ramcharger that he swapped an engine out of a 93 truck. He noticed that it had a leak around the water pump area or at least that's what he thought the problem was. Until we looked a little closer and realized that it was the head gasket on the front right part of the engine. So obviously it needs a head gasket, i think we are going to tear into it monday. So our questions are: how hard/long of a job is it to do it? wheres the cheapest place to get a head gasket kit? should we go ahead and get a .020 over gasket? I mean the truck is basically stock, just a little pump work nothing crazy. Not sure if that part is necessary. And lastly is we are being told we need new head bolts. Is that necessary? is there a certain spec they should be within? Thanks for the help in advice guys

Mumau Diesel...they are a sponsor here as well as a Cummins dealer. Jeff is the guy to talk to, he goes by Snedge.