Cummins Swap?

dsl kicks gas

Runnin on Broke
we have a 97 3/4ton 4x4 auto gasser that we want to put a 5.9 out of a school bus it it, it will be after school is out this year before we start on it, but what would have to be done?

here was what i was thinking: find the motor mounts, gauge cluster, intercooler, springs, and what little of a wireing harness a 12v has out of a wrecked CTD. it would have to have a new Tq convertor(lockup), and i think the trans out of the gasser can be rebuilt to work behind the cummins. the only mods would be, fuel plate, star wheel, injectors, and mabey have some delivery valves cut. the truc is used on the farm, to plow snow with and after it gets the cummins mabey hook to a sled a couple a times.

what do yall think, and about how much would it cost?

I bought a wrecked 96 for $3,500 bumper to bumper.I put mine in a F-250 Other than that most of my money went to aftermarket shifters, manifold , turbo etc.. etc..

Sounds like you have it all mapped out. Only thing I can think you might have problems with is the gas version of the tranny, not sure if they are the same between gas and diesel engines or not.

that was my bigest worry, i think the case it's self is the same, i dont know if buying a diesel traney and havin it rebuilt woudl be cheaper than converting the one form the gasser?