cuts out and blow white smoke

H.Ocummins

i have 2004 cummins just put reman injectors in and fass fuel. when it is not warmed up it cuts out around 2k and blows white smoke. when it is warmed up it will do it around 2800 if im really getting on it. i dont know what the problem is. any ideas?

I would lean more to rail pressure, if it was an injector it would do it all the time.

What is the rail pressure when it does it?
Any boxes? TST boxes were known to cause this.

Mine was doing this recently and turns out I had a bad injector solenoid. Just have someone run a scanner deal on your truck.

ohm the injectors. then lean towards rail pressure issue.

Any white smoke on startup? Do you have a fuel pressure gage on the FASS? When my injectors went it was the opposite. The truck would blow white smoke on startup and till ~1500rpm then run great with no smoke. I doubt rail pressure would change that much from being cold to warmed up. I'd go with a bad MAP sensor. Easiest thing to do is clean the connector and go from there.

I didn't read it only does it @ 2800 when you are really getting on it. If you drive normal it doesn't do it at all? You can hear the FASS running correct? It is not safe to do for a long time, but maybe try unplugging the map sensor and see what the truck does. I'd wait for someone else to chime in though because I never tried this (most people who want to smoke do it). It can cause cylinder wash and score up your cylinder walls after a while.

if i drive it normal it doesnt do it, im going to hook up to a trailer tomarrow and see if it does it worse under load. i can hear the fass running. this morning i started it and it to let it warm up (6 degrees out) when i left 30 min later it choked white smoke like it did when i had the predator on only in was white insted of black in second and for part of 3rd then it didnt do it again. i think that was probly just it being cold though

it is getting worse, now it does it at lower rpms 1400 to 1800 rpms untill it warms up. i have 4 codes P2509, p0251, p0113, p0237. i checked the sticky and read what they are i do not know how to clear them. the injectors are remans from pensicola fuel injection i dont know if that has anything to do with it or not