Cutting grooves in head. Need some help

Light It Up

Hey guys I have a big shop here in town that has all the high tech milling machines and what not. They are gana cut rings in my 24v head for $50 but I need the measurements for how deep,wide and how far from center to cut the rings. If someone could help me out on this I would appreciate it. Thanks

All that information will be included in your gasket set.

don't use what's "standard".... use what's meant for your rings! If your gasket/ring set didn't come with specific machinist instructions, call the company you got it form and get them! OR return it and buy the kit from haisley that has everything you need

Any suggestions on whos firering kit to buy. I like Pure Diesel but they want $225 for the gasket and rings. Didnt know whos you guys like.

Last edited:
my fire rings and gasket are from scheid. I cant complain, i have had no problems and everything was in perfect condition when it came out of the box.

$50 to set it up on the table, indicate it in, program the grooves, and pay for at least one rougher(double end) and at least one finishing end mill(double end). Then inspect all the grooves. Wow! great price.

$50 to set it up on the table, indicate it in, program the grooves, and pay for at least one rougher(double end) and at least one finishing end mill(double end). Then inspect all the grooves. Wow! great price.

That was my first though....must be some swappin' goin' on or really great buddies. :D

Either that or they do not have any clue what they are about to get into.

My local machine shop charged $150.00, but I know for a fact he checked all of them after he was done. I sat and watched. He also used a bit that cut a round channel and not a squared edge.

I personally wouldnt open my cutter case for 50.00 bucks!

yes. The guys who is doing it is a good family friend. Thats why price is so cheap.