cylinder head help!!!!!!!

rpainter

The wife took my 04.5 to the fair this past monday to pull. The truck did good until about 220' when it lost power and started to miss. I got the head off today and the pistons look fine. I turned the head up on each side and filled them with water to see if any valves leak water. I have 6 exhaust valves and 5 intake valves leaking water past them under no pressure... My question is what do you guys think was the cause and what would be the best fix without selling a arm to pay for it?? The truck does have HD valve springs and have been on for about 3 years.

Give pdp a call, we can set ou up with a fully done head that only cost a full hand, not an arm.

My guess is the seats have got hot and moved. The seats can be ground and seal again, but the problem will reappear when you get it hot again, this is the problem with retained heat.
You can install new seats, or wield the seats in solid
One thing to look for with seats moving , is that valve lash opens up as the seats move and contort

so does this mean that the valves need to be reseated/lapped and they should seal??

Better make sure the valve heads are still true - put the leaking valves in a non-leaking guide/seat and spin the stem with the valve seated... usually don't even need DyKem to spot the wobble.

Back