D.H.R.A. (Don't Have Racers Anymore)

Ghost Rider72

I was real dissappointed this year. Not DHRA's fault, but the after hours party being squashed is a shame. (At last years pace, it was only a matter of time though)
Back to the event. The vender showing was horrible, and the amount (lack of) racers was even worse. Scheid was the only rail, no funny car/truck set-ups, and I think it's the pro street only had 2. After last year I hoped to see double the rails and funny car/truck style (sorry don't know the names of classes too well).
I know there was a lot of bad blood with some racers and some former DHRA officers and the price of diesel I'm sure is a factor to this. I wonder will there be a Indy next year. I hope that the DHRA can fix there program and rebuild relationships, so there will be a next year. I loved the event last year, and liked the DHRA because there about the only big event clost to me. I worried that some fences won't be mended and this years attendance will be remembered next year, and make it even worse.
I considered INDY the premier event, now I wonder what will become the big event and where it will be. NADM or NHRDA? If so, will they have a event that fairly centralized.
To the DHRA, I hope you can mend those broken fences. I'm afraid even if you do, it's going to take some time to make Indy what it was....

Defined fairly centralized. I would think mid Kansas is about as centralized as it gets.

There will be a NADM event in Indy during the week of the farm science review for sled pulling and dyno. :rockwoot:

Sept 19-21 4x4 Jamboree
Indianapolis, IN
Sled Pullling 9/20
Dyno All Three Days
Vendor Alley All Three Days Diesel Truck
Slet Pulling & Dyno

depending on where you're at you could check out Merchants spring fling!