D&J Executioner

It is a cool build don't get me wrong but guys thinking a 3200hp turbo motor with nitrous is earth shattering are what I'm laughing at. Yes it's cool but it's no different than what industrial has been doing for years that everyone busts their balls all over for using nitrous for big Numbers..

I understand this motor was built for a specific purpose. But so is schieds rail. And makes dang near 3k on fuel with no intercooler. What kinda of number you think it would do with 12 jets strapped to it.

:clap::clap::clap: thank you

All these billet pieces didnt get it much closer to where the mechanical is. There was 3 big pieces that they didnt change on the billet motor. 2 of those things are are holding the cr back from being as potent as the mechanical

It is a cool build don't get me wrong but guys thinking a 3200hp turbo motor with nitrous is earth shattering are what I'm laughing at. Yes it's cool but it's no different than what industrial has been doing for years that everyone busts their balls all over for using nitrous for big Numbers..

I understand this motor was built for a specific purpose. But so is schieds rail. And makes dang near 3k on fuel with no intercooler. What kinda of number you think it would do with 12 jets strapped to it.

No intercooler but is there not water injection in that thing?
I am almost sure it does. Most of their big engines do. Never seen it in person but if you look closely at the intake manifold you can see what seem to be their nozzles installed there. I may be all wrong but at some point the fire gets hot enough with that amount of fuel that you have to control it some way.

:clap::clap::clap: thank you

All these billet pieces didnt get it much closer to where the mechanical is. There was 3 big pieces that they didnt change on the billet motor. 2 of those things are are holding the cr back from being as potent as the mechanical

I am sure that this is the first iteration of that motor. It is also running one fuel pump which I am sure to be a stoker version. Wait till they put enough fueling to support more power on fuel. Maybe not on this version of the motor but later versions.

P-Pumps with 13-16mm barrel configurations put out more fuel than 2 or 3 cp3's. I am sure the stoker versions can get close but I so far out of this game that I don't know fuel flow rates to compare setups.

Last edited:
With the capabilities of the tooling, why not overhead cam while you’re at it?

That is a lot of added complexity. The overhead designs should be within their wheel house. Now how to drive all those parts? Belts or chains? Then to find the parts that will work. I am sure the torque these things make are a big part or a limiting factor in an engine making this much power.

As I have seen time and time again. Push rod motors for power. Overhead for RPM.

On a side note: Can you imagine a 4" blower belt being used for timing. Imagine the tensioners!

That is a lot of added complexity. The overhead designs should be within their wheel house. Now how to drive all those parts? Belts or chains? Then to find the parts that will work. I am sure the torque these things make are a big part or a limiting factor in an engine making this much power.

As I have seen time and time again. Push rod motors for power. Overhead for RPM.

On a side note: Can you imagine a 4" blower belt being used for timing. Imagine the tensioners!

Google "Cammer engine". It isn't a new idea to convert something to overhead cam.

I would like to see these dyno numbers of industrial and schieds motors making that much power on fuel only. I am by no means saying it isnt true but i havent seen them ever so would like to see it. Just hard to believe if there isnt proof. I think it is great what d&j and firepunk are doing its just going to help push the industry farther for more hp and faster rigs.

I'd rather see a jump straight to variable valve technology if someone were to spend their time adapting a valve train.

I guess I don't see the complexity of OHC engines since I work with them already.

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

I would like to see these dyno numbers of industrial and schieds motors making that much power on fuel only. I am by no means saying it isnt true but i havent seen them ever so would like to see it. Just hard to believe if there isnt proof. I think it is great what d&j and firepunk are doing its just going to help push the industry farther for more hp and faster rigs.
Its name of the game in pulling, as I frequently point out, and the normal reply is that these two different motorsports require very different power curves. Kellogg posted one some yrs back when sparkle britches was trying to challenge someone on the dyno. Thinking it was about 3200hp. Other thing of note, they didn't stop because of the power reached, seemed to be mostly because they ran out of spray, and likely time as well.

So it's clear that mechanical is still king for peak number, but how does the power curves compare between a 3200hp mechanical vs this common rail? Also, isn't this the highest hp recorded for a common rail?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Shane Kellogg posted a graph a few years ago of 3344 if I remember right. I'm sure it's more now. No nitrous, intercooled. And for the record, 3200 on any diesel kills it!!

But yall do realize if this was WADE coming on here bragging about a 3k hp number on gas y'all would be busting his balls all day long

Because Wade, not because of number LOL

Why should you need 2 power adders to make power..... Whens the last time you seen a turbo gas motor running around with nitrous lines on it.

More often than you think.

After reading through quite a bit of internet chatter, Lyn and I thought it was a good idea to drop a video explaining some of our thought process and answer questions being asked. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOJIX2HbCkc
Excellent video! Answers a ton of questions and speculations. Now please work on those pullers! I actually have the 6spd trans from Gearharts old makin bacon truck in my truck! Any plans to put a rail together with this engine to take the overall top spot? Be about the only thing you haven't won yet!

I've seen a lot of hate on the engine and a lot of love from people. Being in the sled pulling world, I understand reinventing the wheel and trying something new. Is it the most hp ever made from an all aluminum aftermarket diesel engine, or the actual first people to monitor cylinder pressure in one? Certainly not. Is it the only one that's been filmed from beginning to end and put on social media for the hype? You betcha.

Kudos to D&J and the Firepunk team on their accomplishments. In their game, they certainly have put in time and effort to make what they want for the desired results, and shown people that would otherwise never get to see behind the scenes.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Also, if this was mentioned I missed it. Is this the highest hp for a common rail?

Back