d250 dd 300-500hp goal

valleyduramax

ok so have a buddy with 92 d250. i posted a while back asking about injectors for it. well he has come into a bit of money and wants to spend a bit on his truck. for now he is gonna just stick with the a158 trans and ve pump. so his hp goal is 300-500. looking for a list of simple yet good mods. pump is turned up already. daily driver also. lets see what suggestions there are

300 RWHP vs 500 RWHP is very broad... VE Pumped: 300 RWHP = Easy.... 500 RWHP = Not so easy...

1. Break the collar off the fuel screw and turn it all the way in.

2. Let off the throttle if you see more than 1,600 deg.

3. There ya go....250-300rwhp.

edit!

4. Oops....have a flat board ready in to cover the turbo just in case after you turn the fuel up.

There you go JQ. Saved you some time...:hehe: Look familiar?

LOL that's on a non-intercooled truck....a i/c truck will need injectors. I made 301 with a BHAF, muffler shop exhaust, converter, DDP4s, and compressor upgrade. That was through a non-lockup 727 on stock timing, so it doesn't take much.

pods, he351, and all the pump mods should get you to 300. All that got me there easy enough with a bone stock a518.

i wouldnt even recommend pods anymore. there are many places making better injectors with correct spray angles and pop pressures for similar prices.

What's "a buddy" gonna do with the truck? DD and . . . . . . ?

And how quick does he want to do it? :pop:

PODs are a waste of time now, like JB said there is tons of injectors that are better for a comparable price. But needless to say I have owned a set, one of my old DDs had stock timing, no fuel screw mods, fuel pin turned 90* with lighter spring, PODs, intake, exhaust, and a manual that dynoed 257hp and almost 600 ftlbs... I got home turned the fuel screw 3 turns( scared the sh** out of my self when it ran away), hx40, and timing to the head, it was a completely different animal had to at least be 300ish and it was a great daily.

The hp to $ ratio is hard to beat with pods. I bought mine brand new a few years ago for $325 to my door. Not sure what they go for now but that's just over $50 an injector and under $10 per 1 hp. Since they claim 40 to 70 horse depending on pump settings. I know they definately made a difference in my truck and make power. Yeah they haze and are a lil dirty but any big injector will be too. I got better mileage with pods after the excitemement of new injectors wore off than my stockers and they do like a lot of timing. Not saying you should get pods but ill stick up for them cuz everyone gives them a bad name when really their not that bad and theyre hard to beat for the price.

made 341 hp a few weeks ago with pods and stock auto... just sayin... Spend the money on a turbo and get the cheap injectors and you'll have power

Non-lockup transmissions don't get the respect they deserve. Tom Collins made 587rwhp with his, and Cole and Cory were somewhere around 700 with their '93 based on trap speed.