Dalpilot

Joe Nobody!
Got to change my first one out today. :bang

Attachments

• up pipe.jpg
    up pipe.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 126
how many cuts? LOL damb heatshields are like knives back there

Actually none, but they sure have enough heat shields on this motor. I removed the pass side inner fender well, and went in that way. Its a PITA either way.

Now you jinxed me fukker. I give it two weeks, maybe three. :doh:

For as often as they go bad, I"m supprised someone hasn't figured out a better way of doing it. I was thinking about lifting the cab off. Takes 45 minutes, about an 1 hour to put it back on and 10 min to change the up-pipe. All said and done, less than 2 hours.

But what a big pain in the A$$$$$$$

Turbo and down pipe are out quicker than pulling the cab. Plus you wouldn't have to mess with the interior. I hate interior.

Last time I had to mess with my u-pipes, I spend almost 4 hours on it. Pulling the cab would have been much quicker.....

Now, the turbo, I have that down to minutes :)

Ive blown quite of few and the first one blew apart as I was Spraying:nos:....almost a backfire I thought

Last time I had to mess with my u-pipes, I spend almost 4 hours on it. Pulling the cab would have been much quicker.....

Now, the turbo, I have that down to minutes :)

I you sucker people into coming over to hang out and drink you can have a helper to hold the pipes while you bolt them in.

Did you have to hang a pork chop from your neck to get the dogs to play with you too when you were a kid? LOL

Don, eats a pork chop and then runs to the bathroom to get rid of it to fit more beer. 140lb full size adult... He can't even shop for regular clothes. The tags on his stuff say OshKosh B'Gosh XXL.

You could buy the other half of the up-pipe, and cut the braided section out and put it in place of the bellows. It will still flex, and bend...without breaking, or cracking.

Now Tim...I'm guessing that is the first section of the up-pipe...the one that always seems to get rubbed through by the 4" downpipes.
You can just eliminate that bellows section because there is another section above it. (Why there are 2 on one side, and only 1 one the other IDK)

Two on one side to control the matter of being connected to a cooler. also the braided one on the drivers side is the same as the the pass side internally. They fail also. All 3 of the factory bellows reduce their pipes internally.. but thats another issue.. best fix is to go aftermarket bellows or eliminate them and have it all coated.

Back