dana 60 ford front axle

86Chummins

im looking for a 78-79 dana 60 ford dually front axle, gears dont matter, somewhere close to ohio. thanks! text 330-612-3070

I have a set of dually hubs if you find a SW axle. I even have a set of new spindles.

Ford never made a Dually 4x4 straight axle till 85. The only 4x4 trucks were all single wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's see a pic of the truck with the axle and the axle itself. The reason I can say it with confidence is that I have been messing with the 70's trucks my whole life....but, here's more proof for ya. If is in a 70s axle, and if its a dually, it will have hub center wheels. That technology wasn't used in fords till the 80's....therefore, most people (me included) use 80's dually hubs on a 79 front axle. Another give away is there wasnt a factory dually bed in the 70's either, they were all cab and chassis trucks and all 2x4.

Last edited:
Hey Ibuildembig, you are correct in your statements. Do you know what year they went to ball joints instead of kingpins?

Ball joint started in 92. 78-79 have a narrower pin width. 85-97 are wider pin width

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
ok well as long as its still a 60 il be ok hopefully i can talk him down a bit. is 800 too much or a decent price?

my chevy along with a common rail cummins and 48re.. only reason why i need a drivers side drop axle is because im running a dodge trans and case

You will want a 78-79 HP Dana 60 the later 60's spring perch will be to wide for your frame.

You will want a 78-79 HP Dana 60 the later 60's spring perch will be to wide for your frame.

thats what i found, guy says its a 79 d60 dually with 4.10's for 850$.. i am making an air ride setup so the perches wont matter on any axle.