dap 250s to 6x18s???

cam899

i just replaced my dap 250s with II 6x18s last night and it fuels alot harder on the top end.... but its only making 48psi, where my 250s were hitting 52 to 55... i was hoping to see about 60 with these new sticks can anyone tell me why that is,, i have checked for boost leaks with soapy water and i cant seem to see anything anything im doing wrong??

your stock pump is working its butt off to feed them. a smaller better built injector will likely bring back the boost and more power.

Did you do any work on the air side when you switched injectors? Seems like a lot of injector...

it is alot of injector for that pump when this vp goes i will look into a stage 2 monster pump just want to break 600 with the SO... ill try building a pressure tester and see if that helps because at WOT it sounds like there is a leak on the intake manifold, or somewhere on the drivers side... i know the injectors are big but i did alot of research on them and 6x16s just figured i would go with the bigger ones even tho its not always better it put down 589.9 with the dap 250s

A 6x.018 injector is far too large, even with a monster pump, it's not how much fuel you shove in the cylinders, it's how it burns when it gets there, a smaller well built injector will give better, cleaner power. Just my $.02

A good buddy made 598hp and ran 12.2s with a SO pump, drag comp, 66/71/14 and MPM 6x13s. It could have used some more air.

mid 600's with 6x.013s. i understand your thinking but bigger is not better when it comes to a vp.