Darksided but issues with INJ pump

house

the Fat kid!
well i did it, picked up a 95 dodge 2500 ext cab long bed 4x4, 250k miles, new auto trans and converter, has 370's , 3k kit, dv's in it.. the kicker is the kid b4 me put the 3ks in and also used washers and the pump is stuck at 2600, but you can drive through it and it goes to 3300 and then back down to 2600 and stays. I am thinkinh its the washers and going to yank them.

index.php

index.php

DarkSiiiide FTW! :rockwoot: I would bet the governor setup has alot to do with how it pulls funky.

Last edited:
yes, get rid of that washer. if you want more get the 4k kit. it has a 3rd spring in there. the washer will not help.

$.02 Yank the washers, set the first soft click, then 3 additional clicks, and see where that gets you. Hopefully he didnt bend anything in there. There could be more wrong then the washers, he may have ****ed witht he governor and tried to correct it some other way. Also check the throttle linkage, i have heard of several people trying to correct problems like this by the throttle linkage.

while you are there, try taking out all the springs, if they dont coume out easy, the gsk stud might be bent in there (BAD)

got it fixed, easy and simple, lock nut on idle screw was loose and idle screw was backed almost all the way out

Mine was doing the same thing when I bought it, I think that's part of the reason I got such a good deal! Owner didn't have a fat clue what was wrong with it. Fixed it in a couple minutes, loaded up the trailer, and headed home with a new toy and a pocket $4900 lighter!

B18B1LS1 said:
Mine was doing the same thing when I bought it, I think that's part of the reason I got such a good deal! Owner didn't have a fat clue what was wrong with it. Fixed it in a couple minutes, loaded up the trailer, and headed home with a new toy and a pocket $4900 lighter![/QUOTE]

Ah yes there are the lucky ones and then there is me :hehe: