dash swapping

Gibson

There's no love in diesel
Got an 04 and acess to an 06 truck. How hard/posable to swap 06 dash into an 04? Already have the 06 lariat seats and front end grill and lights and 08 tail lights and tail gate.

I can't help ya a whole lot but I am subscribing to this one cause I would like to do the same.

Its hard, Like not worth the time. You can change out the main parts of the dash with out any real issues. You will run into issues if you have adjustable pedals since the toggle switches are in different locations. Your instrument cluster swap will be a nightware as the newer style is completly different from the 03 and 04. You HVAC controls will all need to be left alone, unless you have one of the digital ones(then you may be ok). If you want to simply swap the dash out and be done then its doable. If you want to try to get your 03-04 truck to look exactly like an 05 It will be far more trouble then what it is worth. I wanted to do the same thing and its a nightmare.

Lol un subscribing.... hahaha maybe once I get some other projects done I will look into this.

Got an 04 and acess to an 06 truck. How hard/posable to swap 06 dash into an 04? Already have the 06 lariat seats and front end grill and lights and 08 tail lights and tail gate.

Not worth it..It's a pain in the ass:shake: changing dashes

Maybe I'll try when I have about a month to spare haha. I've done a 92-97 dash into a 91, that was killer in itself. Even did the 92-97 front clip swap on the 91 as well. Lotta work and doesn't accomplish much at all. Just thoughts

Like Its doable but its a nightmare. I like the newer dashes.. but not that much. I rather spend my time and effort elsewhere.

if you're going to go through the pain of the swap, go all out- put in an 08 :hehe:
08 Dash on eBay I thought about it myself, but THAT would be some work!!
I've seen it done a few times. Not sure how much you're trying to change, but I think the front half isn't too bad. Just depends how much you want to tackle. You've done it once before, so you may be the man to do it again!

I can't agree with everyone here....sorry.

I sold the interior to my 2005 parts truck to a buddy....and he had no problem switching them out...just a 4x4 switch issue(easy fix), and the harness for the radio(easy fix)

My parts truck dash:

2005Partstruck6.jpg

2001 into 2005 dash

dashpics001.jpg

dashpics009.jpg

to this

dashpics034.jpg

dashpics037.jpg

dashpics2003.jpg

dashpics2005.jpg

dashpics2018.jpg

He painted it all black,....he's going for the black on black on black on black look.

756657.jpg

Last edited:
I can't agree with everyone here....sorry.

I sold the interior to my 2005 parts truck to a buddy....and he had no problem switching them out...just a 4x4 switch issue(easy fix), and the harness for the radio(easy fix)

My parts truck dash:

2005Partstruck6.jpg

2001 into 2005 dash

dashpics001.jpg

dashpics009.jpg

to this

dashpics034.jpg

dashpics037.jpg

dashpics2003.jpg

dashpics2005.jpg

dashpics2018.jpg

He painted it all black,....he's going for the black on black on black on black look.

756657.jpg

Pm me. If you got more pics or a number. I'm super interested tank!

I would like to do the 08 conversion cause that is the main reason I want to buy one of those cheap trucks....

Yeah, see he left his old gauge cluster in there. Its a PITA to switch that over. I didnt know about the std ford AC switches lining up. Thats a plus. If i dont buy an 08 or a Dodge this maybe the route I go.

I would like to do the 08 conversion cause that is the main reason I want to buy one of those cheap trucks....

08's look like explorer dashes to me. Too SUV for me. But the 08 clusters are freaking sweet. This is just the way I see it. That's why I'm opting to put the 05 dash in.

Thanks. Its nice to be able to put stuff in cause you can keep it dry but don't put anything dirty in it. LOL

Back