Daughter totaled the '04 TDI

Bodacious

Comp Diesel Sponsor
100_7401_zpsf1464fda.jpg

100_7400_zps70a83dd8.jpg

Well I knew the day was coming. A week ago Thursday, our 16 year old daughter calls the house and tells us she's just down the road and just rolled her '04 TDI.

No airbag deployment, but, every corner is pretty much bent up. She didn't so much as get a little head ache. Props to the safety these cars offer.

If someone might know of a good body somewhere that has a bad tranny or engine, please let me know. She is currently looking for another drivable jetta and her options are open.

By the way, is a 1998 TDI all mechanical???

Glad shes okay!

A buddy of mines daughter rolled her jetta 3 times, her phone didn't work there so she walked home. She didn't even have a bruise.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Glad she's ok, good friend of mines son got killed in a car that didn't look much worse than that, apparently he didn't like wearing his seatbelt though.

So, would 1997 be the last year for the complete mechanical injection? I say this cause I know cummins made the switch in early '98.

I think your best bet would be to find a gas engine model of the same year, they can be had pretty cheap.

Hey thanks Billysgoat. This is exactly what we have done. She found herself a sweet deal on a 1999 gasser and is in the process of doing the swap. I couldn't be prouder. My little 16 yea old daughter is becoming one heck of a mechanic.

VW is worse than GM about using the same everything, make swapping from one configuration to another pretty simple.

Back