Dazed and Confused

Pipeliner

:soap: 4 months ago I was having a "Hot Start" issue took the Truck to Rich Ford in Albaquerque NM they ran Diagnostic and only found a EGR valve problem. I decided to drive it home and ordered a EGR delete kit while I was at I replaced Headstuds and Oil cooler (thank you Adam:Cheer:) and revised HP oil tube kit.
Got it running and it started fine. :doh: 1 week later lost #5 injector and replaced ICP. sensor. Drove her 1 day and there went the MAF sensor. drove it 2 days hooked up my 42" Toy Hauler Loaded with 27,000 pounds and drove to PA about 1300 miles and NOW! I am having the same "hot start" issue.

I am Dazed and confused at this point. After spending $ 4,000 I am afraid to take it to another shop and they start all over again looking for the Problem again. I was hoping some of you knowledgable people may be able to help me out?

Starts fine cold, and cranks long hot??????

If so, you probably have a high pressure oil leak. STC fitting on the hpop, depending on which one you have, or a O-ring on the hp rails. Dummy plugs I think they are called.

Last edited:
Need some block off tools to isolate the problem. Or just go in and replace them all.

Replace them all? as in the O-rings in Injectors,HPOP and rails? BTW have you heard of the Discharge quick disconnect fitting going out on the HPOP ?

STC equals discharge fitting I think

Replace them all? as in the O-rings in Injectors,HPOP and rails? BTW have you heard of the Discharge quick disconnect fitting going out on the HPOP ?

Ask Doug, aka psd player.

O-rings in the high pressure rails. The stand tubes.

Have I heard of it, yes. There is a bracket that helps stabilize it. If you block off the heads you can narrow it down to the pump, ipr, and the fitting.

Problem solved O-ring in rail Plug, $4.78 dollar part and $287.00 in labor :clap:

well mine just started having the same hot start problems again today after hauling a 28ft boat about 100 miles up a few steep hills here in KY. The truck is running fine but when its hot it cranks and cranks and finally turns over, i had the same problem a month ago and had the ford dealer fix it like i said in a previous post it was the # 2 injector, could it be the same thing ?

put a cummins in it :hehe::hehe: (somebody had to say it)