DCed the third brake light

Santa Gertrudis

6.4LTTFMF
Hey guys, I did the DCSpecial tint mod to my 3rd brake light. Check it out.

Attachments

• Weather and brake light 002.jpg
    Weather and brake light 002.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Weather and brake light 003.jpg
    Weather and brake light 003.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 39
Its not hard at all, just take your time. Dont spray too much at one time. Do a few even coats.

Just don't credit DC with the mod. LOL
He picked it up from me...I picked it up from someone else....and Dan's head is big enough as it is. LOL

Nah...that mod was floating around on FTW for years...DC just took the time to do a proper write-up on it...for that he deserves the credit....he still has a big head though. LOL

What?? I didn't even know Rich had his done when I did mine.

I got the info from Bear Hunter....who got the info from Muddin at FTW....who got the info from ?????

LOL

I'm just the "How-To King" :rockwoot:
Over the years done how-tos on everything from changing oil to installing an ARB air locker :D

Anyone who wants to know how to do this MOD:

Sand with 1000 grit
Clean with wax and grease remover
Light even coats of tint
Light even coats of clear

If you want super smooth/super clean......wetsand and then reclear.

For Tint:
"Transparent Black Window Tint" from the model section at Hobby Lobby.

Or, mix black automotive paint with clear to create the tint and then spray.
(You can use any color paint you want if you want to tint them blue, silver, etc....).

DCSpecial said:
I got the info from Bear Hunter....who got the info from Muddin at FTW....who got the info from ?????

I actually know Muddin (Curt) personally. He goes to school in College Station also. I always saw his tails and thought they were done at a paint shop. LOL

Yeah, his turned out real good.

It's pretty cool how some spray cans from Hobby Lobby can turn out if you take your time.