dead miss on a 6.0

DISTURBED

YEA WE RIDE THE SHORT BUS
Ok im not really 6.0 swift and i chose to stay that way, but i have a customer bring me a 2003 6.0 with a miss(lope). I ran a buzz test and all injectors buzz with no problems but its coming up with a #4 cylinder contibution. It has just had 8 new injectors put in and a new charger(neither by me). Start the truck cold and it purrs like a kitten. When it warms up it goes to missing, shut the truck off and restart and it runs fine for 3-5 minutes and then goes to missing again. I can kill all 8 cylinders with my Modis and all kill execept #4 which is dead. So i figure its and intermitant elctrical issue and thats were i start is with the harness. Im not the first person to try and figure out whats wrong with this thing, previous person swapped injectors between cylinders and it stays with #4. It all looks good other then the connectors that hook from the harness to the head, #4 is quite a bit looser then the rest so i tweak the pins a little to try to get it to make better contact. Seems to help it, i also found that #8 connector is not attached at all and i moved it and it fell off and the injector side wont snap into the head so i pull the valve cover and reinstall it and the harness will reconnect now so i fire it up and let it run for about and hour, no miss. So i figure between the 2 things i found that they fixed it. Customer comes and gets it yesterday and with his foot on the brake and the truck in drive has a slight lope or miss( very slight) he takes it home. He calls me earlies today to say its missing as bad as it was when he brought it to me but runs at higher rpms fine but at a stop light its missing and then calls me later to say it is really falling on its face and when he pulls to a stop light it barely will idle and tries to shut off. Also he his going to change the oil this evening to see if that will help but i dont think it will its got about 6k on the oil, any help is greatly appreciated.

Check the injector wire harness at the ficm connector. The ficm (fuel injector control module) is mounted atop the left valve cover. A wiggle test will usually provide the desired results.

Check the injector wire harness at the ficm connector. The ficm (fuel injector control module) is mounted atop the left valve cover. A wiggle test will usually provide the desired results.
When he brings it back i will try that but i had it all the way off completely unplugged and then reinstalled twice after i had to remove the valve cover,
But I thought lope was cool? :hehe: Good luck

Thanks

So the wiggle test is the only responce I'm going to get. Were are these die hard Ford guys surely somebody has run across something similar to this.

Have you traced the wiring harness for the #4 injector? Might have a broken wire only making contact every now and again, try jumping it and see if that fixes it. Just a thought.

Have you traced the wiring harness for the #4 injector? Might have a broken wire only making contact every now and again, try jumping it and see if that fixes it. Just a thought.

Very good idea...I should have added that to my first response.