dead pedal

energy knight

I need help with my tps. every once in a while the pedal stops working. is it a ground problem ? I would like to test the tps somehow:thankyou2

Do you have any type of box (ie. edge, etc) that can display %throttle? You can tell if your TPS is hosed by that alone. Better save a grand for a new IP soon.

i do not have a box to read throttle % but I should be able to use an ohm meter or volt meter. right?

VP is fubar'd......sorry. yes a volt meter will be able to tell you volts after the apps, not sure on the wire.

the timbo apps replacement is what i did, great cost, great parts, and excellent instructions. that is for a dead apps, didn't do **** for the dieing VP.

where can I see how the "vp" works how does the truck go from floored to just above idle instantly. its really dangerous pulling out from a stop sign and all of a sudden you just idle along. how does an injector pump go on off on off like that?

Electronics could be fubared on the pump also. Get it tested. Send it to Midwest Fuel Injection or some other reputable pump builder with a test stand to run it. It won't take long. If it fails you'll know. If it passes, you are only out a few days and not a grand $$$$.

pin#3 on the apps connector - light blue/black tracer - that is the signal wire. a paperclip put into the end of the plug, then to the pos. lead of the voltmeter, key - on....will register around .5xx volts +/-. it should be smooth with the throttle.

Home

thanks. I was reading somewere else, that someone took his vp apart and found a "plunger" not sliding smoothly. he said that he smoothed it out by sanding or valve grinding compound or somthing. He said that it fixed the vp.
he also said it took a special tamper proof bit to get in and that if he has to do it ever again to mark exactly how all the parts are installed due to timing.
he didnt do that the first time and took a long time geting it back together right (trial and error) I might pop the top of mine off .