dealer messed up

HIGHGEAR

Make a long story short, pick up truck after warranty work cruising down the highway and noticed water temp. going pass 200 degrees. Kept going and it got up to about 230 but not in the red, so i pulled over an shut her down. Checked an sure enough, they forgot the **** antifreeze. So I had to sit until it cooled off and made it to a auto parts store an bought 3 1/2 gallons to fill her up. Do you guys think any damagewas done to the motor any

I don't know about any damage, but if there is then you've screwed yourself buy driving to get antifreeze..
You should have called the dealer and had them tow it back so they know it was not filled, and let them remedy the situation.. Now it's a "you said, they said" rather it was full or not, and any damage will likely be denied.

I'd go back to that service manager, furious.

These engines are pretty tough, hard to say. If she was stone cold empty, you may have hurt the girl. But if you had enough to fill the block a little, you're probably ok.

None of this changes the a$$ reaming that service manager has coming, imo.

Yeah, I did call the dealer from the side of the road and they told me to let it cool and bring it back, I was about 4 to 5 miles away. I snuck out of work so I was still on the clock and I wanted to get back. I was only 3 miles from a auto parts store, so I baby it to there. I'm sorry it took 2 1/2 gallons to fill up including the resevoir tank.

They are all the same...
I was in SC 2 weeks ago had the bolt come out of my right rotor 4 weeks before I had the bal joints done and the "tech" left a bolt loose thank goodness it was before the autoparts store closed
Got a bolt that has a different head size but has the same threads but I learned a leason from it all check behind them all!!!!