Death Flash!!

4wheelspt

sled puller
I had a customer with a 2006 6.0 just got it back from the Ford dealership for a antifreeze leak and a few other things and oh yes they flashed the pcm . Customer returned his truck back to stock(diablo predator) properly,when he got his truck back he reinstalled his programmer and NO POWER maby a little but not at all like it was before his visit,turns out with this new flash they restrict injector open time somehow, you can watch it with a scan tool fuel pressure is commanded but injectors dont open enough or so it seems we tried different proagamers before he went back to ford and then they told him the truth that Ford is doing this for warranty claims. Does anybody know if there is a reflash for these to put them back? Diablo knows of this problem and are trying to get around it and Ford will not help him at all they wont even try to flash it back to an older file, any help would be appreciated .

well I just got the new flash from the dealer and it sucks. I use to get 21 at 65, now I get 18 on the new stock tune

I've said it for years. When Ford reflashes the truck all it does is de-tune the motor and makes the thing drive worse.

you can use a Bully Dog Triple Dog to run a recovery file to an older software

unless they blocked it somehow

That is incorrect. The first flash is not the preferred flash. Many enjoy and prefer the vxcf4 family

Funny you should mention that. I've had every damn strategy they've come out with and the first one was still the best and everyone I know agrees with me lol.

yeah i wish i had my original flash back. truck hasn't been flashed in a few years but still wish i had the original. I believe the flash i have now is one after the injector buzz flash when truck is shut off...so it might be the inductive heating flash, but my FICM is flashed from ID. truck has good power now with all the mods, but honestly...it pulled way harder when i had the original flash and just the SCT, intake and exhaust than it does now.

I'm tellin' ya, Bully Dog has like 60 different recovery files for 6.0's

If you get a hold of someone who knows what they're doing, they can recover you to pretty much any factory flash you want