Death wobble fix??

daysel

Im getting some death wobble symptoms and not sure what it is. After inspection, it looks like ball joints.
Is there a front end kit of some kind to help this?...or one with ball joints, tie rod ends, idler arm etc...
Front end feels kind of sloppy anyways.
Thanks,

If your ball joints are bad... thats first! then Go buy a few Luke's Link rebuildable track bar ends. They have everything you need to rebuild both ends of your track bar, also I used these to replace the both tie rod ends. Great product! I bought four of them for under 300 shipped, now that I have the Links in the future it will only cost $12 a link to rebuild!

http://www.lukeslink.com/trackbar.html

Or, if you don't want to screw around with factory style TRE's ever again, get a hold of Don @ www.thurenfabrication.com, and get one of his track bar's and a crossover steering kit. Problem solved, everything's rebuildable (but he's not sold any service parts the last I'd heard;)) and it's a lot heavier that factory!

BTW, IF you go with the crossover steering, you're stuck;) You have to drill out the steering arms and knuckles, and you can't put the factory stuff back on it;)

Chris

Does it matter if it's 2wd? My sterring is sloppy and it does some weird shaking sometimes. Too much play in the wheel also.

A 2wd shouldn't really DW...unless everything is REALLY worn. My 95 2wd, has 340K on it, and we rebuilt the front end at 215K, and it still drives like it did when it was rebuilt. Get the new parts on it, and I'll bet it will get a lot better!

Usually an alignment shop will tell you what's wrong...try and find one that does free estimates;)

BTW, filling out your signature will tell us what you've got so we can avoid confusion again;)
Chris

Well, it's got 203k and everything in the front is probably worn out. Ball joints were obvious. It drives like ass too.
Symptoms: I'd let off @ around 40mph or so and it shakes up and down like shuttering. Usually when I brake, it does it worse. Sometimes when Im just cruisin fine it comes on out of no where like its bad pavement or something.
Rotors aren't warped, but it feels sort of like that.
Signature600: your probably right. Time to freshen up the front end.
Thanks,
-D

Try Solid Steel's Steering Stabilizer. That would work great on your problem.