Death Wobble

wood80

I just installed the BD stabilizer and at 55 it still feels like the front axle is coming out from under the truck. Any ideas. I have a 4.5in lift and 36x14.5 tires on the truck. The only idea I have is the drops that hold my stabilizer are flexing and may need to be beefed up but I am probably on the wrong path. Please help me.:bang

can you take a pic. of the truck so we can see the lift. I'm guessing you have new control arms? Longer ones

longer control arms and longer springs with bilstein shocks. 4 inch drop brackets for the track bar and a dual shock steering stabilizer

Make sure you have a shop that does big truck alignment and on truck tire balancing set you alignment and balance your tires. Make sure track bar is tight.

Mike

Make sure you have a shop that does big truck alignment and on truck tire balancing set you alignment and balance your tires. Make sure track bar is tight.

Mike

Also tighten and retighten the trackbar relocation bracket. Mine was loose too after install??? Don Thuren suggested to me and a friend of mine to WELD it to the frame/crossmember? My friend did, but I just tightened mine REALLY tight and periodically check it....

Max caster out to 4.5-5*+

Get some zero-deflection track bar bushings (anything you do to remove lateral compliance from the front end will help).

I don't like the 6.7L track bar - looks like something cobbled together from Saltillo's leftover parts bins (especially the narrow bushing bores).

We've replaced the BlueTec bars with the 1-piece forged 5.9L track bars with great success.

Can you recomend where I should get a zero deflection track bar bushing. Thanks for the info.

How do these hold up compared to the OEM? Do they rattle after time? What the warranty?

They don't have soft rubber cores like the OEM pieces, yet still effectively isolate the frame from vibration. None have worn out after 3 years & 100Ks of miles, even though the inserts were designed to be an easily replaced "consumable" item.

They won't mask the sound of the track bar bolts slopping back & forth in the bracket holes like the rubber bushings do, so a hardware kit is recommended to permanently stop the "clunking".

There are two parts to this system? I know I'd want it as quiet as possible.

Yes, zero-deflection bushings to eliminate lateral compliance between the frame & axle, and the ultimate hardware to prevent clunking or knocking during transient steering.

See Post number 31 Here. Clickey

That TSB has you written all over it. Because of your lift you'll probably have to buy it even if you're under warranty.

Get the aftermarket dampener for the steering if you are on your own dollar.

Heed advice about increasing caster and bushings as well.

When H46 came out I checked the drag links on both '05s... but I wish there'd be a part number we can identify as no good - then I'd know for sure the originals aren't fracture-prone.

There is on the dealer bulletin. I'm headed there for something else now, I'll see if I can get them.

Aw crap. Just realized you said drag link. Well, I got the Pitman arm information. :doh:

If your pitman arm is "52106836AB or not legible" you need it replaced. Sorry, man.

Huh - my copy of H46 only mentions the drag link's inner joint as a potential problem (the steering damper bracket could only cause increased turning radius).. thanks for trying, though.

My death wobble with my BDS lift was from not rotating the tires. Rotated them and it went away. By looking at them they looked fine. Whatever the wear pattern would through it off and start the wobble.