deck plate motor in 2.6

durawhat?

Diesel Tech
Wondering if it is legal for a deck plated engine to be ran in the 2.6 class. PPL or NTPA. I don't really see anything in the rules stating this clearly. any help on this would be appreciated.

I am confused here. Isn’t a deck plate used in honing the cylinders so the block is in the same shape as when the heads are torqued down? Are you referring to a block stiffener, or girdle as they are called, that supports the lower end of the block?

I am confused here. Isn’t a deck plate used in honing the cylinders so the block is in the same shape as when the heads are torqued down? Are you referring to a block stiffener, or girdle as they are called, that supports the lower end of the block?

No a deck plate goes on top of the block to move the combustion up out of the block in the 6.7. Your thinking of a torque plate

Saw this one on fb.

Attachments

• 1378870_168299476699583_945159844_n.jpg
    1378870_168299476699583_945159844_n.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the replies. Should have clarified this better, but the reason I asked about ntpa was for 3.0. Would like to be able to put a 3.0 charger on and run some of the regional ntpa pulls in my area, but also be legal to run ppl 2.6. Thanks again guys.

What is the big advantage to running a deck plate? I understand it will add displacement, but is the major purpose to add longevity as well? Seems like having 2 head gaskets to worry about would also be a disadvantage, probably a dumb question butt...

What is the big advantage to running a deck plate? I understand it will add displacement, but is the major purpose to add longevity as well? Seems like having 2 head gaskets to worry about would also be a disadvantage, probably a dumb question butt...

Moving the combustion area into the area of the deckplate.

Also it won't add displacement.

Displacement is from bore and stroke.

For the deckplate you usually get custom rods or custom pistons. So the stroke stays the same.

For the cummins most are using a 4.125 bore with a 6.7 crank.

Last edited:
Deck plated engines captures all of the cylinder pressure inside the sleeves....between the head and the pistons. It virtually eliminates the risk of splitting the block or blowing the block apart next to a cylinder.......

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 0

You don't use 2 head gaskets.

Back