Delivery valve 105? from p3000.

dieseltech8100

Cummins Nut
I have been looking into upgrading DV's and got to thinking... I have access to a p3000 and I wondered what the DV's look like in there. The number on them is 105 and they have a 131 style holder.

716800413_photobucket_14237_.jpg

View of both valves and holders. 181 on top and 105 on bottom

716800413_photobucket_14238_.jpg

As you can see, there are differences to these valves. Keep scrolling for better close up

716800413_photobucket_14239_.jpg

Here you can see that the 105 has a shorter shoulder. When measured, the shoulder on the 181 is .087 and the 105 is .070 and both are .314 diameter (8mm)

716800413_photobucket_14240_.jpg

Picture of holders

These look like they may work as an upgrade, but only slightly. The valves measure the same, but the 181 won't fit into the 105 holder even though the 105 fits in the 181 holder just fine. They may only be .001 difference in diameter, but either way...

Now I am not sure how much difference in flow the flutes being the way that they are would be, or the lip above the shoulder... But with a shorter shoulder, it may flow just a little more and give a little better. And if all else fails, I will have them machined to make them flow more still. Any input or questions, feel free to ask. I don't know how well these will work but I will swap them in tomorrow before I swap the injectors.

Last edited:
Well, after losing one of the springs from my delivery valve holders... I got them installed and ran the truck.

Impressions:

Fuel pressure gauge has become more steady for some reason. I have always had the issue where the gauge would randomly start to bounce real bad without touching the needle valve at the pump inlet and now it stays pretty close to 35 when running down the road. I am not 100% sure what was causing that but the seem to have helped get rid of it (so far).

The power seems to be much smoother and boost pressure is actually up slightly. Went from a light haze at 43psi to a medium to heavy haze at 46 psi. I am sure the egts are up slightly, but I haven't looked too close as I haven't beaten too much on it yet. The shift from 4th to lockup used to drop the turbo on it's face even at 18.5* pump, but now it is smooth and pulls hard all the way through the power band.

I did, however notice that the FP is getting drawn right down to damn near nothing at WOT, so time to get a booster pump until I get the AD2-165. Putting in some 5x14's with lift, so we will see how she does after that.

Last edited:
105. That and the usual 052 that's on all that I've seen.

I'm not saying these are top performers, but they are a damn nice upgrade if you can find them for cheap or free. Lol. They may be worth buying if you're looking for better street manners than a 191. When I get the injectors and get a feel for how these are, I'll do a swap on the dyno or something check power back to back.

Last edited:
looks like the flute is cut a little higher on the 105. Between that and the thinner shoulder i can see it adding a little more fuel.

Nice find