Delivery Valve Question

Was working on it, lost interest, now I think I will have a few sets in a month's time. Why not put the 024's back in?

where are the DVs that your working on going to fall in among the field as far as fueling goes. i was thinking about getting .024s but i think with your knowledge you might have something better on the way...

2 versions are going east to be put on a test stand and flowed against a 191, 024, and full cut.

For what it's worth just thought I'd bump this in case anyone else had similar issues. I raised my idle a touch and it helped greatly. Truck starts up very good now and with no drama. Don't even have to aid with a blip of throttle anymore. Did I hide a deeper issue or is this a reasonable fix? Thanks.

-J

J:

The idle should be set with the truck in drive (if auto) and AC on. It should be around 750 - 780. That usually ends up around 900 in neutral with AC.

Also make sure the rubber return line from the injection pump is not rotting. That can leak and you loose pump priming and have to crank more to start.

Just my 2 cents.

2 versions are going east to be put on a test stand and flowed against a 191, 024, and full cut.

should be interesting to see how they compare. i'd love to buy a set soon and will be getting my tax return, so keep me posted on how they do, i may be interested in a set.

Back